Divider

Divider

Monday 14 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Snow-White Winterborn



My name is Snow-White. I'm 12 years old and spent most of my life growing up in a children's orphanage.
My true parents are dead.
I'm not a favourite to people because of my white hair and ice coloured eyes. They sense I'm a monster. Every full moon I become a white wolf with perfect vision and sense of smell. I can feel free and not be contained here in the orphanage. Then I become human and imprisoned.
One day they arrived and looked at me. For the first time, I was wanted by a childless couple who needed me. They took me back to their house and smothered me for days. My foster parents are rich, and they gave me a big room in the attic so I can play with all these toys. My new toys are a rocking horse, great big dolls house, puppets, dolls, teddies, board games, books, colourings and tiny robots. I feel there is something quite off about my foster parents.
Then one morning after breakfast, I was allowed to play in their massive garden. It was full of trees. Then something shocked me. At the back of the garden, behind the shed, were headstones. So I asked my foster parents why they have headstones in their garden.
"It's the graves of our former pets," they said. "We always bury them." They had to be kidding me!
Later that afternoon, I explored and went down the basement. I saw a headstone leaning against a wall, engraved with "Here lies Snow-White Winterborn" on there.
I asked them about that after tea!
"It's there ready until you die," my foster parents said smiling sweetly at me. I was scared. I knew there was something not right about them. So that night, as planned, I escaped into the wilderness and vanished from the horrible world of humans.
I'm now a member of Fenrir's Daughters and shared my story with you. I hope you like it? Other members of the club will tell you their life stories too.

By Rayne
  
((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment