Divider

Divider

Wednesday 27 May 2015

The passing of a magical woman



It's with sadness that Tanith Lee has passed away of an illness. She was 67 years old.
She was a fantasy and sci-fi author of many beautiful books, from darkest horror, to glitzy science fiction, to amazing dreamlike fantasy and mystical contemporary fiction.
The worlds she invented were so vivid and rich in characters and complex stories that I was easily captivated, drawn into these realms and inspired.
I only started to read her books when I was 15 years old and found "Castle Dark" in the school library. Then I was hooked to reading more of these lovely books written by this enchanting writer so skilled in bringing fiction to life. For me anyway. I love her "Tales of the Flat Earth" series and "Storm Lord". She is one of my favourite authors.
Once many years ago I even got a letter from Tanith Lee herself when I wrote to the publisher asking when her next book was due out. It was so nice to hear from her.
Now let's all hope that her work will become immortalised and given to the wide public on screen, as such is possible. She should be remembered as one of the greatest female fantasy writers the world has had in modern times.

Rest in Peace Tanith Lee.
(Tanith Lee 19/09/1947 - 24/05/2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment