Divider

Divider

Wednesday 13 December 2017

My Yule ghost stories



Here are my Yule ghost experiences. 
I’ve been able to see spirits all of my life. As a child, I wasn’t sure if they were spirits but I thought at the time that they were just people. At around the ages of 4 and 5 years old, I often woke up during the night and found people in my room, looking at me. I didn’t know who they were. By morning they were gone. I remember they looked strange and one of them resembled a witch as she was an old woman in a long dress and her hair was very long.
During the day I experienced things too. My nan took me to school when I was about 5 and I saw this “teenage” boy cross our path. He looked like one of those page boys from my fairytale books set in the Middle Ages. I remember talking to nan about him but she told me couldn’t see anyone. 
Another time, nan took me to a building, not sure what it was, but she was chatting to someone in there and I saw a group of small kids in a room nearby. I went into this room and tried playing with the kids but they all sat there, looking at me. None of them wanted to play. I noticed a baby all dressed in a bonnet and I wanted to play with the baby but no reaction. Nan told me its time to go and I said I wanted to stay and play with the kids. She told me there isn’t any kids. I can remember stuff like this from so far back.
There are many other paranormal experiences I've had but to go with the Yuletide theme, I want to mention something that I saw as a kid. I was 6 years old and it was December, months after I made a full recovery from whooping cough. I can't remember what day of the week it was. My grandmother woke me up and drew back the curtains of the window. She went downstairs to make breakfast. I was still in bed wide awake, and saw a lady appear in front of the bedroom window. She was quite beautiful and had shoulder length stylish hair. She wore a very long blue dress and I noticed white down folded wings against her back (to me they looked like enormous wings but also I could see feathers). She smiled at me and I hid under the bed. A few seconds later, I looked up and she was gone. I'm wondering if she's a visiting spirit who might've had on a white cloak that resembled wings. A cloak made of white feathers, or definate wings, I'm not certain now. I was only six and I couldn't properly analyse her clothing. I was more surprised at her just materialising in my room, out from nowhere. Then there is the myth of the goddess Freyja who wears a feathered cloak. Who or what was I seeing? An angel or a valkyria? goddess Freyja? A spirit of an ancestor?
During Yule of my mid twenties I was ill again, with pneumonia. I was in bed keeping warm, and passed out. I found myself standing next to my bed, observing the curtains blowing in a warm breeze, and the windows were wide open, and it was pitch black outside. A flower scent came in from outside. This was Winter and December, mind you, and my window was shut and curtains closed. I was ill, don't forget. I wanted to escape my painful illness and go outside to be warm and at peace. Just as I was heading towards the window, I was woken by the sounds of someone entering my room. I was laying under the blankets, and listened to the sounds of someone running around my bed. It was panting too, and I realised it was a dog. I can tell exactly what a dog sounds like. This is how my dog, Sheba used to behave when I lived at home as a kid. I wondered how a dog came into my room because where I lived was a shared house and nobody had dogs. I sat up and the dog disappeared. I knew that no dog had ever been in my room but just a couple of months earlier, Sheba passed away. It seems that Sheba's spirit came to stop me crossing into that mysterious window. 
That's it for now. 
Rayne       

No comments:

Post a Comment