Divider

Divider

Thursday 24 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Ophira Shadow



After I returned home at 4 a.m. covered in dirt, I sneaked upstairs as quietly as I could. I had a nice warm shower and afterwards I went straight to bed. Then my sleep was cut short by my idiot mother shouting at me.
"What have you done Ophira?!"
I felt sore and rubbed my eyes.
"What?" I asked dazed and confused.
She thrust a letter at me. I took it from her and my eyes blurred.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Read it!"
I noticed the words jumping and fusing together. It was no use.
"I can't focus on it. What does it say?" I asked pleading with her.
She snatched it and turned away.
"Get up Ophira! Read it downstairs!" she snarled.
I put on my dressing gown and went down to the kitchen where my parents and kid brothers were sat round the table eating fried bacon and liver.
Mother stared angrily at me, and pointed to the edge of the table where the letter was rested in front of my chair. I sat down, and opened the letter.
I still couldn't focus on it.
"Sorry, my eyes are wet," I said.
Mother got up and passed me the envelope. I recognised the crown but I couldn't read the title.
"It's from the government!" she shouted. Her voice hurt my ears. "You're due in court next week!"
I stood up in absolute alarm. "Excuse me?"
"Ophira, " dad said. "Your antics have come to the attention of the local MP. "
Then mum spoke. "She wants you on trial!"
"Why? What have I done?" I asked.
Well I knew really, sort of, what I might've done. But how did the local MP know and how did my parents know? The only people who knew was me and my friends, who swore to secrecy.
"The MP is Marielle Ice!" mum raged with tears swelling in her eyes. She was angry but I could see that she was scared. Why did this particular Marieille Ice woman frighten the ordinary werewolves like my mum?
"I haven't done anything wrong!" I protested.
"Well you have because thre is evidence!" mother screamed.
All I did was frighten a boy on a bike. Me and my werewolf friends didn't want to hurt him, and we ended up tormenting a cat, then devouring a couple of squirrels. Now this boy that we scared off managed to film us, apparantly as the letter stated.
Friends and I will appear be at court.
So what. We're hunters of the night and we're werewolves. Anyway I'm not afraid. Don't worry about me.
My name is Ophira and I'm 18 years old. I'm a werewolf and hang out with my small gang of werewolf who I met at school. I'm happy to share you this because being in Fenrir's Daughters makes me feel confident to talk about these things. I just don't want to see mum worried.        

((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment