Divider

Divider

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Larissa Blue



It was a very cold night. The snow settled and I journeyed, in search. It was fruitless because I couldn't find it anywhere. I lost a ring. My wedding ring, full of ice diamonds.
I retraced my steps and returned to the house, with lights glowing and the fire keeping it warm. No one home, good. It was possible my ring can be indoors.
I found it! The ring was on the bottom of the stairs, perfect. Now I can slip it back on my finger and husband will be pleased. He wouldn't know a thing.
For five years, I've hidden my true self from him. He doesn't know what I am. Every full moon I become a wolf. It's during last night that I transformed and lost my wedding ring. I couldn't find it and when I became a woman, I had to wear lace gloves to hide the missing ring from my finger.
Husband didn't notice.
He arrived an hour after finding my ring. He carried some chopped wood and an axe.
"Why do you cut wood so late?" I asked him.
"I haven't," he replied. "The wood is from yesterday. I was searching for the creature thatkilled my sheep."
I feel numb. That was me. I can't help what I am. My instincts take over as wolf, and I'm sorry to say that I'm to blame for killing the animals.
"I need to sell the farm," husband said.
"Why?"
"The demonic beast slaughtered my animals and I'm losing money."
"Sell this wedding ring!" I showed him the glittering ring on my finger.
Husband kept the farm, and I sold the wedding ring. We got a fortune and husband replaced the dead animals with new livestock. Yet life on the farm has no success with a werewolf present.
Every full moon the wolf side of kills the poor livestock. One night he caught me as a wolf on his land. Husband lifted his axe ready to kill me, and I noticed a complete change in him. Gone was the loving husband, and there was a monster who was far worse than I ever will be.
I ran away and didn't go back. He was not able to chase me. And as I keep running from my axe welding husband, I shall always think of my precious ring that saved his work. I can't be kept as a farmer's wife, or a nun. I am a werewolf and a free spirit.
I'm Larissa and a member of Fenrir's Daughters. I needed to tell you this story because it happened centuries ago. Other members of Fenrir's Daughters will tell you their tales. 


By Rayne
  
((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment