Divider

Divider

Friday 11 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Kat Howlite


My name is Kat, short for Katrina and I'm a member of the Fenrir's Daughters club. I live in a village on top of a hill. This year is my final year at school, and then I'll be free.
On the way to school, I met some friends. We planned to trip in the woods down the hill and look for the stone people. These are ancient megaliths in the shape of humans, no one knows who put them there. Legend says the statues come to life every full moon. I don't believe it.
One night, we all shape shifted and set out as a pack of wolves. We ran down the moist grassy hill, leaving the village behind. Soon we located the group of small stout stones in the shape of smiling people. None of them moved. Typical local legends!
Next weekend, I ventured to the woods on my own to explore and pick wild berries, bringing a basket and umbrella. Yes I'm able to predict the weather I might add.
I sat down on a rock, and a lone wolf in the woods appeared. Not a werewolf, but a regular wild wolf, seeking for shelter and possible mate. The wolf was looking at me.
"Hello dear friend," I said cheerfully.
The wolf didn't come near and yet it seemed quite nervous. All of a sudden the wolf looked around and fled away into the woods. After it was gone, there was laughter all around in the woods. I got up and saw a dozen strange looking children playing through the trees. They were all very white as ghosts, including their eyes.  I felt very cold inside and knew that I had to get away from here. So I ran away, returning up hill towards my village.
When I got home, my parents saw how scared I looked. They asked me what was wrong.
"I saw a wolf, and then there were ghost children!" I blurted out.
Mum and dad laughed.
"What's so funny?" I asked them.
"The children!" dad answered. "They're the stones that come to life."
When he said this, I told mysef never to go into the woods on my own ever again.
I wanted to share this with you.  

((The Fenrir's Daughters fiction stories belong to author Rayne))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment