Divider

Divider

Friday 25 December 2015

Fenrir's Daughters: Crystal North



It's Yule. I just wanted to share my story with you. My name is Crystal and I've got the whitest hair and the strangest ability of all: transformation into a wolf. I can only do this during a full moon in Winter months, but not throughout the rest of the year. I think it's because my parents are normal people but my maternal grandfather was a werewolf. I have the gene because my brother and sister don't transform into wolves. They just get grumpy.
Now it was a year ago, on December 24th night, that I transformed and ran off into the pine forest. I became my wolf self and feel no more cold. Unlike other nights, this was the weirdest night.
I don't know if it's the mysticism of Christmas and Yule. Honestly I didn't take any alcoholic drinks or smoke anything.
There was a lady in the forest all by herself who sat on the snow. She wore only a thin white dress and her long hair was covered in so much snow that it hardened to ice.
I wasn't able to speak to her or I would've done. She turned and looked at me. There was no reaction for a while, and then she spoke in a voice with an echo.
"Wolf girl, there's nothing here for you. Go back home," she said.
Was she trying to commit suicide exposing herself to the freezing cold? I couldn't allow that. I went closer and sat against her so that she could feel warm from my arctic fur.
"No wolf girl," the lady said. "I don't feel the cold. I'm a spirit."
I was quite stunned and I stood up, and looked at her.
As if I didn't notice it before, the lady had two pale almost transparent horns sticking out from her head. I didn't need to know anymore. I didn't want to be near her really after that. Being a werewolf means that I feel more sensitive to energies and I can sense if a person feels angry, sad or scared. I felt this lady was calm, and I just knew she was telling me the truth. I noticed that her eyes were luminous blue as electricity. She stared at me and I sensed a probing into my soul.
Well I was out of there quickly. I ran home. 
The following day, the morning of 25th December, I went with my brother into the pine forest and he planned to do some skiing and so we headed to the base of the hill. I was going to sleigh down it, which is amazing.
We passed the exact same spot where I visited as a wolf the night before. I could see the faint pawprints I'd left the other night but a small layer of snow covered most of it. Where the lady had been was nothing. No footprints, no disturbance of snow.
Later after snow fun, we returned home for food and presents.
It was only when I opened a present given to me by my maternal grandmother that I was most shocked. It was a snowglobe and inside it was fake glittering snow, several tiny pine trees to look like a forest, a mini white wolf and a tiny fairy doll with horns. I stared at my gran and she smiled.
"Do you like it?" she asked.
"Yes!" I announced. "Where did you get it?"
"A woman came into my gift shop and insisted that I have it. She wanted me to give it to one of my granddaughters. I know you like the forest."
"What was the woman like?" I asked.
"Oh she wore a long grey coat with the hood up. She had the most electric blue eyes I've ever seen."
When she said that I felt a chill. Was that the same woman I encountered the night before? That is something I've not been able to answer.
I'm happy to tell you this story. Being in Fenrir's Daughters has helped me learn so much about who I am and how others like me experience different things in their lives.   
 
(((Fiction stories of Fenrir's Daughters written by Rayne)))
All rights reserved. 
Copyright © 2015 Rayne Herbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment